Again, I went back to Bali for food hunting, resort hopping, lounge testing and not to forget, babes sighting.
10 things you have to do in Bali: (in no particular order)
1. Kuta is a must. A night in Kuta makes me feel as young as 17 again!
Warning: Don’t expect a quite night to cuddle with your partner. If you can’t stand the hustle and bustle of teenagers, please don’t bother to even stay here for a night!
2. Seminyak is so-in! You can expect a better crowd here (I mean for my age, and I am a selfish brat with a longing for a sip of cocktail in a quite lounge)
Warning: Ku De Ta is totally over-rated. Except for the stylish crowd (btw, I’m stylish too), the pricing is just way too much!
3. Nusa Dua Resort Complex! The best place to do resort hopping from Aman Nusa to St Regis, they have it all here. And guess what, I was in the same hotel with Indonesia’s number one, SBY.
Warning: Remember your dress code before resort hopping!
4. AmanKila and Bvlgari are 2 of the best resorts in the WORLD. They will stick on my mind till a very long time! (Seriously!). Do check out the rest of the Aman Resorts in the world!
Warning: Expect a total bill of 4 digits in USD or 8 digits in Rupiah!
5. Kecak Dance in Uluwatu (remember, in Uluwatu and no other place!) I can be quite a cultured person once in a while. Kecak totally blown me away!
Warning: Go there early to get a better seat! Mine was really good!
6. Lovina! I thought sunset rising up sheepishly from the mountain was just my imagination of a 5-year-old boy during a drawing lesson. It was so picturesque, so unreal until the heat of the sun touched my skin. Dolphin hunting was pretty fun too, speaking from a city boy that hardly went to watch a dolphin in the circus.
Warning: Stay a night around Ubud area will make your journey to Lovina a lot easier!
7. Garuda Wisnu Kencana (GWK) is a private cultural park with the statue of Vishnu of 23 m high.
8. Bluepoint Beach! A surfer paradise!
Warning: Dreamland is way too rowdy and dirty for surfing! Bluepoint is just another 15 minutes drive away!
9. Ubud! All of the well known artists are here. Strictly for painting, handcraft, clothing (local brand) lovers only! Don’t forget to sit by the paddy field for a sip of lemon grass! Babi Guling Bu Oka and Bebek Bengil are here too!
10 Nasi Pedas Ibu Andhika is my all time favorite food in Bali. 15 minutes drive away from the airport and you can get the lips of Angelina Jolie in within 20 mins.
Warning: For chili lovers and road-side eaters only!