As an avid traveller, it would be ashamed if we are not aware of Aman Resorts. So, to prevent the embarrassment, here is some information for quick cheat sheet.
Facts and figures (Aman Resorts)
- Founded by Adrian Zecha, Indonesian hotelier
- There are 24 Aman Resorts located in 15 countries
- Amanpuri, located on the island of Phuket, Thailand, is the first Aman Resort.
- There are 5 Aman Resorts in Indonesia with 3 of them in the island of Bali
- Aman Resorts restricted all the facilities to only 55 rooms and below so as to maintain the exclusivity and privacy.
- Typically 4 staffs will be dedicated to one guest.
Facts and figures (Aman Kila)
- Opened in 1992
- Located in Candidasa, Eastern part of Bali, 1.5 hours away from Ngurah Rai
- Aman Kila is set on Mount Agung as the backdrop and facing the Lombok Straits
- Lily Allen got engaged in December 2010 here.
Once in a blue moon, I got the chance to stay in Aman Kila. Not only our desired room was not available, they upgraded us to the most elegance room in the resort, Aman Kila Suite. My jaw almost dropped instantly with the two separate bedrooms opening onto a large terrace with a private pool, two lounging bales, sunbeds, lily ponds, views over the beach and a private butler service. Never a big fan of massage, but who could resist the free massage with the superb ocean view?
Apart from the room, was totally stunned by the resort’s signature three-tiered pool, resembling terrace fields and the complex collection of the travel magazines in the library!
Overall, two thumbs up for the quality and service!