Address: 87/F Jin Mao Tower, 88 Century Boulevard
I was at Shanghai during January month for the freezing cold winter. Holding on to my cup of tea when the temperature dropped below 5-degree Celsius in one of the most prestigious area in Shanghai, Lujiazui, was pretty must gloomy. There were we, 2 guys with no partner to hug for warmth, decided to enjoy the luxurious Jin Mao Tower. My mind immediately connected to the “Cloud 9” lounge in the hotel.
The Jin Mao Tower is an 88-story landmark skyscraper in the area of the Pudong district in Shanghai. One of the main tenants is Grand Hyatt Shanghai. The hotel is located on the 53rd to 87th floors. And the lounge is located on the 87th floor.
It is called “Cloud 9” for some reasons (my opinion):
- It’s the highest point of the building (87th floor).
- Overlooking Shanghai from the top, with a possibly lot of clouds. The view is simply stunning!
- A wide range of wines, champagne, cocktails and mocktails is ready to bring you to cloud no 9.
- It’s not easy to reach the lounge. You have to switch elevator for 3 times (1st – 54th– 85th – 87th).
- I love the jazz music.
- If you are looking for a cheap place to drink, this is not for you. A glass of cocktails will cost you SGD 15 easily. (it’s very expensive for China’s standard)
- Don’t go there on the summer afternoon, all you can see is the pollution covering Shanghai!
Should you visit?
If you’ve never been to Shanghai, I highly recommend it!! Stylish and modern lounge!
So, are you ready for Shanghai?