Heidelberg, one of German’s popular tourist destinations, is such a treat for photographers. The main station of Heidelberg is packed with tourists during weekends. Most of them came just for the picturesque “Old Town”. Fortunate me, I finally managed to visit Heidelberg on a beautiful beaming autumn.
There are lots of trains connecting from Frankfurt to Heidelberg, in just an hour’s ride. Heidelberg is considerably worth visiting for a day trip or two. From the main train station (Hauptbahnhof), bus #32 and #33 connect to “Old Town” in 15 minutes. Located in Neckar river valley, hiking is unavoidable. Wearing sports shoes sure helps!
Here are some of spots that delighted my trip:
• Scheffelterrasse – The Garden next to the Schloss (castle)
• Neckarstaden – Bank of river on the side of “Old Town”
• Alte Brucke (Old Bridge)
• Neuenheimer – Bank of river on opposite side of “Old Town”
• Philosophenweg – Best spot for scenic views of the old town and castle.
• Hauptstrasse – Pedestrian street full of restaurants, shops and cafes